WHAT IS ARTA?
RA 11032: A Game Changer. Groundbreaking.
- Signed on May 28, 2018.
- Published in two (2) newspapers of general circulation on June 2, 2018 the Official Gazette on June 11, 2018.
- Effective on June 17, 2018.
- Signed on July 17, 2019.
The law effectively amends RA 9485: Anti-Red Tape Act of 2007
- Scope (business-related/ non-business related)
- Coverage (all government agencies including quasi-judicial agencies)
- Additional provisions:
- a. Scope (business-related/ non-business related)
- b. Coverage (all government agencies including quasi-judicial agencies)
- c. Additional provisions:
R.A. 11032 has enacted the following:
PRESCRIBED PROCESSING TIME
All government agencies, national or local, Government Owned and Controlled Corporations (GOCCs), government instrumentalities located in the Philippines or abroad shall comply with prescribed processing time as follows:
- 3 working days Simple Transactions
- 7 working days Complex Transactions
- 20 working days Highly Technical Applications
STREAMLINED PROCEDURES FOR THE ISSUANCE OF LOCAL BUSINESS LICENSES, CLEARANCES, PERMITS OR AUTHORIZATIONS
- Unified Business Application Form
- Establishment of Business One Stop Shop (BOSS)
- Barangay clearances and permits are now issued at the city or municipality
STREAMLINED PROCEDURES FOR SECURING FIRE CLEARANCES AND CERTIFICATES
- Bureau of Fire Protection officials and employees are not allowed to sell, offer or recommend specific brands of fire extinguishers and other fire safety equipment.
- Issuance of fire safety evaluation clearance (FSEC), Fire Safety Inspection Clearance, and Certification of Fire Incident (CFI) now streamlined.
- BFP shall now be co-located in the Business One Stop Shop (BOSS) or area designated by the city/municipality.
In case an agency fails to approve or disapprove an original application within the prescribed processing time, the said application shall be deemed approved.
All government agencies shall set up current and updated Citizen’s Charter to indicate in detail the:
- Checklist of requirements for each type of application or request.
- Person/s responsible for each step.
- Amount of fees (if any).
- Procedure to obtain a particular service.
- Maximum time to complete the process.
- Procedure for filing complaints.
ZERO CONTACT POLICY
No contact in any manner with any requesting party concerning an application or request except during submission of documents.
CENTRAL BUSINESS PORTAL
DICT to establish central business portal to receive and capture application data on business-related transactions, and provide links to online registration of national government agencies.
PHILIPPINE BUSINESS DATABANK
This shall provide NGAs/LGUs access to data and information to verify the validity, existence of business entities. Applicants need not submit the same documentary requirements previously submitted.
INTERCONNECTIVITY INFRASTRUCTURE DEVELOPMENT
Processing and approval of licenses, clearances, permits, or authorizations for the installation and operation of telecommunication, broadcast towers, facilities, equipment and service shall be expedited.
CREATION OF ANTI-RED TAPE AUTHORITY
Anti-Red Tape Authority shall:
- 1. Implement and oversee national policy on anti-red tape and ease of doing business and implement reforms to improve competitiveness ranking.
- 2. Monitor compliance of agencies and issue notices to erring and non-compliant government employees and officials.
- 3. Initiate investigation motu propio, or upon receipt of a complaint, or file cases for violations.
- 4. Review proposed major regulations of government agencies, using submitted regulatory impact assessments
CREATION OF THE EODB/ART ADVISORY COUNCIL
The Ease of Doing Business/Anti Red Tape Advisory Council shall be a 7-person policy and advisory body, composed of DTI Secretary (Chair), ARTA Director General (Vice-Chair), DOF, DICT, and DILG Secretaries, and two representatives from the private sector as members.