The Anti-Red Tape Authority is guided by the principles of transparency, respect and proactive protection of personal information of our employees, co-worker in the government, service providers, clients and other stakeholders in accordance with the requirements of RA 10173 or Data Privacy Act of 2012 and its Implementing Rules and Regulations including the Circulars and Advisories issued by the National Privacy Commission (NPC).
1) COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Authority collects personal information of data subject provided on the following instances:
- – Complaints submission through call, text, chat, e-mail, website and in printed forms.
- – Visitors’ logbook registration.
- – Accessing the Authority’s social media accounts and websites.
- – Applying for a job or entering into a contract of service with the Authority.
- – Events or activities conducted by the Authority.
- – The Report Card Survey in relation to government services.
- – Publicly disclosed personal information from all forms of media available.
2) USE AND SHARING
Data subjects’ personal information shall be used primarily for documentation and for any and all processes relative to the performance of our mandate, to wit:
- 1. Responding to any application or request;
- 2. Dealing with inquiries, complaints, and any other concerns;
- 3. Complying with legal and regulatory requirements;
- 4. Processing job applications and comply with other government agencies;
- 5. Carrying out research and generate statistical information, and;
- 6. other purposes allowed by law.
The Authority may share and provide data subjects personal information with other government instrumentalities who need access to such information for the fulfilment of an application or request.
In case third-party service providers are contracted to process the data subjects’ personal information, they are bound by a non-disclosure agreement that prohibits them from using or processing personal information for any purpose other than fulfilling their obligation stated in the contract.
3) RETENTION AND DISPOSAL
Personal information shall be retained only for a period necessary to serve the purpose for which it was collected, or as required under any obligation or applicable laws and shall be made in accordance with the Records Disposal Policy and Records Disposition under Republic Act 9470 or the National Archives of the Philippines Act of 2007. Thereafter, data subjects’ personal information shall be disposed of in a secure manner that would prevent further processing, unauthorized access or disclosure to any other party.
4) SECURITY AND DISCLOSURE
The personal data gathered in physical or printed form shall be stored in the Authority’s filing cabinets while electronic data will be transferred and stored in data servers.
The Authority adopts internationally accepted measures on safeguarding personal information collected. However, absolute security is not guaranteed despite putting all our efforts, so precaution is hereby advised.
Personal information will not be disclosed without the data subjects’ express or implied consent unless required by law, or if needed to be accessed as part of an investigation of a law enforcement agencye or for matters that involve national security.
5) CHANGES AND UPDATES
6) CONTACT US
The Data Protection Officer
G/F HPGV Building 395 Sen. Gil J. Puyat Avenue Makati City, Philippines
Phone No. (02) 8478-5099